|Products | Order | Shipping Status||
eMail List | Firmware & S/W | Mods & Notes | Articles &
Reviews | News
Rig Comparisons | Builder Resources | Manuals & Downloads | Contact | About
K3 Beta Test Firmware Instructions
NOTE: Beta test firmware may have new issues that we haven't caught during field testing. Please report them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow these steps to load a K3 beta firmware release:
1. Create a new folder for the beta firmware on your Desktop or some other easily found location. (Don't use the same folder you use for the regular firmware release; you may want to keep those files around in case you decide to go back to that revision.)
2. In a web browser, type in this URL:
NOTE: On some computers, it may take some time for a directory of the beta files to appear. If you do not see the correct files, press 'refresh' on your browser to reload the page.
If you do not see the correct version of the zip
file, press the RELOAD / REFRESH button on your browser to update your browser
3. Right-click on the .zip file containing the beta firmware (e.g. k3fwXrYZ.zip for revision MCU X.YZ and all associated files). Save the file to your beta folder.
4. Unzip the files into the beta folder.
5. Enter the path to the beta folder in K3 Utility ("Local folder for firmware files").
6. Make sure you *DO NOT* check the K3 Utility box titled "Copy new files from Elecraft server".
7. Click on "Check versions now". Your K3 must be connected to the computer and turned on.
8. Review the release notes (under the "Help" pull-down menu).
9. Click "Send all firmware to K3."
10. Please report any new firmware issues to email@example.com