|Products | Order | Shipping Status||
eMail List | Firmware & S/W | Mods & Notes | Articles &
Reviews | News
Rig Comparisons | Builder Resources | Manuals & Downloads | Contact Us
K144XV Software Page
See the bottom of this page to get the latest K144XV Utility and KUSB Drivers.
Current K144XV Firmware Revisions
Revision 1.04, April 25, 2011
Latest Regular Production Release
This release will automatically be recognized by K144XV Utility.
Revision 1.03, March 18, 2011
Revision 1.02, September 30, 2010
See K144XV Firmware Release Notes for a complete revision history of new features and changes since the last release.
New Firmware Load Information
NOTE: Please use K144XV Utility rev 22.214.171.124 to download new firmware to the radio. Here are brief instructions for K144XV Firmware Checking and Installing.
The complete instructions are available in the K144XV Owners Manual.
NOTE: Please use K144XV Utility rev 126.96.36.199 to download new firmware to the radio. Here are brief instructions for K144XV Firmware Checking and Installing. The complete instructions are available in the K144XV Owners Manual.
Checking Firmware Revision
1. Turn the K3 off and remove the top cover.
2. Plug the Serial Cable connector into the RS232 connector on the K144XV module (red arrow below). Connect the other end to your computer and run the K144XV Utility program.
3. Turn on your K3 while watching the STATUS LED on the K144XV module. It should flash once, indicating normal operation and that it is ready for firmware.
4. Enter the letter “V” in the Utility program Command Tester. The K144XV will respond with the version of the firmware currently installed. Example: “V1.00;” (revision 1.00).
Installing New Firmware
You must have an active internet connection or have downloaded the new firmware to your computer. Prepare to install new firmware by first performing the steps above under Checking Firmware Revision, then continue as follows:
1. Using the Utility program, start the download. The STATUS LED should flash indicating it is loading new data from the Utility program.
2. When the download is complete, turn the K3 off, wait at least 10 seconds, then turn it on again while watching the STATUS LED. Verify that the STATUS LED flashes once or twice and then turns off, indicating normal operation.
3. Turn the K3 off, unplug the RS232 cable from the K144XV and replace the K3’s top cover. Be sure to reconnect the loudspeaker.
4. Turn the K3 on again and confirm that the K144XV transmits and receives normally.
Use this software to load the latest firmware into your K144XV.
After completing a new software download to your K144XV, please power cycle your K3 OFF and then back ON before using it.
K144XV Utility (Windows Version 188.8.131.52) February 28, 2010
Note: This K144XV Utility version can be used to load K144XV firmware versions 1.00 and above to your K144XV.
Download the file from the above link, and then run K144XV_Utility_Setup(version).exe to install the latest K144XV firmware downloader to your PC.
Use this utility to check for the latest releases of new features for your K144XV.
Requires either a RS-232 cable or KUSB USB-Serial Cable to download from your PC to the K144XV.
You may download the current drivers for our KUSB USB to Serial Adapter for the K3 from here!
Win2K/XP/200/Vista/Win7 (32 and 64 bits) (11/24/2009). Please click here to download the latest USB driver installer as a zip file (2,384 KB).
NOTE: For Windows 7, please use RC build 7100 or RTM 7600 Final version. (Installer program will not run on very early Windows 7 or Beta versions)
Windows KUSB driver installer procedure:
First unplug the KUSB from your computer.
Run the installer that’s inside this zip file.
Note: If you already had a Prolific driver installed, this first pass will ONLY uninstall the old software. If it’s a “new” system, this first installation will actually work as you would expect and install the KUSB driver.
Run the installer that’s inside this zip file a second time only if the first pass said it 'uninstalled' the old driver. (It toggles between adding and removing.)
Plug in the KUSB, and Windows should report its presence.
Mac OS X, please click here to download the latest USB drivers as a zip file (64 kB)
Mac OS 8 and 9, please click here to download the latest USB drivers as a zip file (10 kB)
Note: K3 Utility only supports Mac OS X. KUSB Drivers for OS 8/9 are provided for other applications.
Linux 2.4.x kernel, please click here to download the latest USB drivers as a .rar file (20 kB)
K144XV Firmware FTP page (Just for direct viewing of the current K144XV firmware files.)